CSWIP 3.1 PREPARATORY
CSWIP Certification schemes are UKAS/Accredited to ISO/IEC 17024, the international standard for personal certification. The certification scheme for personnel (CSWIP) is a comprehensive scheme which provides for the examination and certification of individuals seeking to demonstrate knowledge and competence in their field of operation. The scope of CSWIP includes, among others, welding inspectors, welding supervisors, welding instructors, plant inspectors, under water inspectors, welders and NDT personals.
CSWIP is managed by the certification management board which acts as the governing board for certification in keeping with the requirements of the industries served by the scheme. The certification management board is UK based. All CSWIP boards and committees comprise member representatives of relevant industrial and other interest.
- Welding Inspector for a minimum of three year’s experience related to the duties and responsibilities listed in clause 1.2.2 of CSWIP document, under qualified supervision.
- Certified visual Welding Inspector (Level 1) for a minimum of two years’ experience.
- Welding Instructor, Welding Foreman, Welding Supervisor for minimum of five years’ experience.
- Typical Duties And Responsibilities Of Welding Inspector
- Welding Terms And Definitions,Welding Imperfection
- Mechanical Testing Of Welds
- Non Destructive Testing
- Welding Procedure/Welder Qualification
- Material Inspection
- Codes And Standards
- Welding Symbols
- Introduction To Welding Process
- Manual Metal Arc Welding
- Tungston Inert Gas Welding
- Metal Inert Gas Welding
- Submerged Arc Weldingweld Repairs
- Residual Sress And Distortion
- Heat Treatment Of Welds
- Oxy Fuel Gas Cutting
- Brazing/Bronze Welding
- Welding Safety
- Weldability Of Steels
- Calibration Of Eqipments
- The Practicals On Plate Samples
- Pipe Samples And Macrographs
- CLASS TEST ON EVERY TOPIC
- QUESTION BANK OF AROUND 25000 QUESTIONS
- MACRO PRACTICALS
- SPECIAL NOTES ON POSSIBLE OUT SIDE QUESTIONS AND SEVERAL MOCK TESTS
Graduates may find employment as a certified QA/QC Certified Welding Inspector, Welding Instructor,
QA/QC Certified Piping Inspector, QA/QC Certified Structural Inspector, Project Planer. Its depends upon
qualifications and experience.